3 Stage Snowblower

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
This "3 Stage" is like the Gillette marketing scheme for their multi blade razors. They went from single to double to triple to 4 blades to the latest and greatest "shave a man can get" -- the battery powered blade. Man, what's next, a flame thrower snow blower ? Yesirreee.

Hey, MERRY CHRISTMAS !!!

A big weed burner torch works. Sometimes. Haha

It ain't a beast unless the chute is large enough to pass pets and small children whole, Jan. [emoji14]

I haven't hit anything (eg. garden pavers) with that Woods SB64S, yet, but I know it's going to be spectacular if I do.

Does it spit out a plastic bag encased newspaper thrown on the driveway?

Without even noticing you did it, until you find it 60 feet out into the lawn, when the snow melts.

"Does it spit out a plastic bag encased newspaper thrown on the driveway?"

That's a pretty good test for sure. Here's one for ya... have a substitute paperboy toss the enormous Sunday edition in your driveway instead of putting it in the box where it's supposed to go while you're out of town. Now, the paper is all rolled up, but only 1/2 covered in its plastic sleeve.

Now let the snow turn to a mix of rain, then sleet for several hours and get the paper completely soaked, only to then have the temperatures drop 20 degrees overnight and freeze your giant newspaper solid. 2 days later when you return home from your trip, you wonder why your newspaper isn't in the box, and you can't find it anywhere, AND after an additional 8" of snow that is covering everything, you figure you better fire up the tractor and blow the drive off. Things are going along then.................WHAM.
You hit what FEELS LIKE A FIRE HYDRANT right in the middle of the driveway, as that frozen newspaper welds itself to the inside the 42" snowblower attachment on your recently purchased Simplicity Prestige garden tractor.

Getting it out if there was fun. It was like someone coated a frozen pinata with JB Weld and used a jackhammer to wedge it between the housing and auger. Took a torch, chisel and channel locks to get it dislodged.

Do that with your MTD 3 stage snowblower and please take pictures of the carnage, assuming it would have enough power to inhale it past the first auger stage.

The snowblower and tractor were both fine, but the paperboy disappeared and has never been found. Weird.

There wasn't a chipper involved, like in the movie "Fargo", I hope?

I'm not sure what happened to him. The news said "disappeared without a trace." I'm guessing it's possible that If that Simplicity single stage can gobble up a big frozen newspaper and live to fight another day, "theoretically" it could dispose of an unrepentant, smart mouthed substitute paper delivery person too. I'm only guessing here, of course.

Either way, I wish the young man well in his next career.

Status
Not open for further replies.