3 Tons In The Garage, I'm I a PIG???

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr Whitfield

Feeling the Heat
Feb 1, 2007
Northern Cailfornia
With 3 ton in the garage, I'm I a pig?? I live 30 miles east of S.F.

Not if you let your State senator allow under privliged pellet burners to come take some of your pellets in order to fairly balance pellet wealth. (Pellet re-distribution).

Mr Whitfield said:

Your a ton short.....3 tons is just average :-/

And I agree with Schmeg....even if you do buy more, it will be "redistributed". California is bad, and NY isn't far behind......

Why buy more if you only need 3 ton for the winter. Let's remember no heating oil here.

Mr Whitfield said:
Why buy more if you only need 3 ton for the winter. Let's remember no heating oil here.

How ya gonna feed all them Whitfields on just 3 ton????

macman said:
Mr Whitfield said:

Your a ton short.....3 tons is just average :-/

And I agree with Schmeg....even if you do buy more, it will be "redistributed". California is bad, and NY isn't far behind......

Well, since he is in tropical California we probably could give him a pass. Probably not a full fledged pig, no way. How about maybe "New Age Pellet Piggie". I be thinkin sort of Miss Piggy wearin a rainbow sweater and a pair of pink Crocs.

Whooo Hoooo, I have 5.5 tons for the winter!!!

Mr Whitfield said:
Mr Whitfield,
With only 3.5 tons in the basement, I also do not qualify.
Maybe we are just big "Pack Rats"????
I spent close to 2 years stationed at Travis AFB in the late 70's.
Beautiful area and does get quite cool during Winter.
I remember having to scrape my windows before driving to work.

Enjoy the heat!!

packrat.jpg

We've got 6 tons of LG's and 2 Barefoots leftover, but come census time I'm only claiming 1/2 ton of Lowe's. No way my stash is going to get redistributed.

Maybe he qualifies as a "pot belly" pig?

Mr Whitfield said:

I'm in the same boat. I have 180 bags stashes in the basement(all hauled by me) and I need 20 more bags to qualify for the piggy statues. If I stack them right to the rafters I have just enough room. I only need 3½ tons to make it through the season. I was at over 4 tons until I upgrade to a more efficient stove.

We either need to buy more or Be content with the "pig wanna be" statues! :lol:

I vote there should be a pig level for the less than 4 ton a year users.

jtakeman said:
I vote there should be a pig level for the less than 4 ton a year users.

There is. Over 3 is a pp and don't let the bullies in here tell ya any different!

I did some digging in the old threads.

These were Erics rules way back.

Must have
1.) Must have over 3 tons of pellets on hand prior to the first frost of the year.

Must have two of the following three

a.) At least one pellet stove, two stoves will get you a gold star on your membership card
b.) Have at least 3 additional tons by the first frost will get you a silver star on membership card
c.) “cash and carry” your pellets. True pigs drive gas hog trucks and can move their own pellets and this will get you a bronze star on your membership card.

https://www.hearth.com/econtent/index.php/forums/viewthread/26445/

So as Xena said. Over 3 tons(plus 2 of the 3 rules) and your in . I have 2 stoves(gold star even), I cash and carry. And I haul them in my gas hog! :cheese:

I'm a stinkin pellet hoarding "oink" snortin "PIG"! :p Where do I send my dues?

jay

PS. Just in case I get flack. Theres 25 bags more at the local pellet house with my name tagged to them. I will pick them up when I can squeeze them in!

Yes with 4 stoves, 3 tons here in the Bay Area, and 2 tons in the house in Lake Tahoe!!!! 2 stoves in the Bay Area and 2 in Lake Tahoe. So will 5 tons do?

jtakeman said:
....I'm a stinkin pellet hoarding "oink" snortin "PIG"! :p Where do I send my dues?

The dues can be sent to the treasurer.....ur....ME! $50 cash or 2 (30) cases of Bud Light (Eric says he has to get his "cut"....er, ah, I mean his "compensation"). ;-P

macman said:
jtakeman said:
....I'm a stinkin pellet hoarding "oink" snortin "PIG"! :p Where do I send my dues?

The dues can be sent to the treasurer.....ur....ME! $50 cash or 2 (30) cases of Bud Light (Eric says he has to get his "cut"....er, ah, I mean his "compensation"). ;-P

You take paypal or where do I send the check?

check my sig! ;-P

jtakeman said:
Must have
1.) Must have over 3 tons of pellets on hand prior to the first frost of the year.

check!

jtakeman said:
Must have two of the following three

a.) At least one pellet stove, two stoves will get you a gold star on your membership card
b.) Have at least 3 additional tons by the first frost will get you a silver star on membership card
c.) “cash and carry” your pellets. True pigs drive gas hog trucks and can move their own pellets and this will get you a bronze star on your membership card.

a). check
b). check
c). F-250 diesel...check!

I'm a pellet pig and didn't know it! Hooray!

sculptor said:

Congrats Sculptor....now add the official Pellet Pig greeting to your signature line:

“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves” - eernest4

macman said:
sculptor said:

Congrats Sculptor....now add the official Pellet Pig greeting to your signature line:

“You pellet pigs should be ashaimed of yourselves” - eernest4

Don't forget the dues macman. Where's Eric???

guess I just squeeked by. got 3 tons...and I had two bags left over from last season. wooHOO!

Count me in as well... I have 4.6 tons in the garage. In a nice row on pallets! Only one stove.

I can't cash and carry (cars are not good for that) but do have a gas hog that I had to pay a guzzler tax on... so I guess maybe no cool stars on my card
:(

i had 3 bags left over from last season so 3 tons and 3 bags puts me over! (6,120 LBS before first frost)

Yea, I'm a pig but I only have 40 bags of pellets in stock.

daisyduke.gif

Is that a pellet in your pants or are you just happy to see me?

Status
Not open for further replies.