3 y.o. Englander for $300 in MASS

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
at a glance i'd say its had been run pretty hard and not maintained very well (when you've seen as many of these stoves as i have you tend to learn what to look for) still if its hull is in good shape (should be) nad the motors work as they should its not a bad buy. it definately needs gaskets , looks like the hopper lid gasket is missing and thats a must to run the unit. looking at the glass i'd say the heat exchangers are pretty well plugged up ( put the unit in diagnostic and run the exhaust blower , then blow the unit out with high pressure air to completely clear the unit and that shouldnt be a problem)

i'd say it needs work but its still a decent buy providing everything works, and look at it this way , you would still have me for tech support (hope that doesnt blow the sale for the guy "lol" )

Status
Not open for further replies.