3 yr old Defiant

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Bub381

Minister of Fire
Feb 4, 2011
Mid-coast Maine
Had someone ask what it would be worth,it's too big for house.I would've posted this in articles for sale but not advertising it.

If it is the 1610 Everburn Defiant I would take anywhere from $1,200 to $1,500 in top notch shape and let'er out of there. I wouldn't buy the thing, but I would sell it for that.

I don't want it either.Just trying to get her back on track.Their house is about 1500 sq ft and the stove place told them they needed this. She said they can't run it hot.Had it 97 in there before.

You can burn a stove hot that's a little too big for the area by using smaller amounts of wood in it and splitting the wood smaller so you can burn quicker, hotter fires. You never seem to get value out of selling a stove used so this might be a preferable solution.

Ya it's kinda hard to tell which solution would be best. The simplest 1 i guess. Had to tell em what a catalyst was.They said they had poor draft so had someone clean the chimney. Had a hole up through about as big as your finger.I told her just how dangerous that was.I ask as many questions as possible on here just for these reasons. To be safe. They wont be splitting wood but i'll sure mention this. Thanks. and 10-4 on the used stove.

Status
Not open for further replies.