1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

30 Install question

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by BrowningBAR, Sep 16, 2012.

1. BrowningBAR

BrowningBAR Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    Do I need the AC-1677 Stovetop Adapter - For 6" Pipe? Or will a standard 6" pipe fit?

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. BrotherBart

BrotherBart Hearth.com LLC Mid-Atlantic Division Staff Member

Loc:
    Northern Virginia
    Six inch should fit fine.
  3. BrowningBAR

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    Good, thanks. It was unclear as to why or when that part would be needed.
  4. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

If its a liner or single wall? Then BB direction is correct. Seems only those with the Double wall have problems. Greythorn had the same problems as I did.

I have Simpson Double wall and the Adapter (double wall) was needed. I used the standard 6" adapter for double wall. Then replaced it with the 6" adapter with the Flue Damper in it, about mid season.

The collar on the 30 had some thick welds on the inside. So I not only used a small grinder and got rid of some of it (adapter didn't fit right/ either of them), but I also used a decent dose of furnace cement. I used it on the original 6" adapter (w/o damper) and found that the seal I made was completely sealed. So I did the same when I put the Damper adapter on.

Looking forward to that beautiful stove installed and burning. Then your thoughts on how it compares to the others :)
  5. BrowningBAR

Loc:
    Doylestown, PA
    Yep, single wall which then connects to a liner.

Running this stove should be interesting, especially during mild weather. I'm hoping to be able to figure out an overnight burn for the stove during milder weather. Not sure what to expect or what the setup will be to get the right burn.