30 Install question

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

BrowningBAR

Minister of Fire
Jul 22, 2008
San Tan Valley, AZ
Do I need the AC-1677 Stovetop Adapter - For 6" Pipe? Or will a standard 6" pipe fit?

AC-1677.jpg

Six inch should fit fine.

If its a liner or single wall? Then BB direction is correct. Seems only those with the Double wall have problems. Greythorn had the same problems as I did.

I have Simpson Double wall and the Adapter (double wall) was needed. I used the standard 6" adapter for double wall. Then replaced it with the 6" adapter with the Flue Damper in it, about mid season.

The collar on the 30 had some thick welds on the inside. So I not only used a small grinder and got rid of some of it (adapter didn't fit right/ either of them), but I also used a decent dose of furnace cement. I used it on the original 6" adapter (w/o damper) and found that the seal I made was completely sealed. So I did the same when I put the Damper adapter on.

Looking forward to that beautiful stove installed and burning. Then your thoughts on how it compares to the others :)

Yep, single wall which then connects to a liner.

Running this stove should be interesting, especially during mild weather. I'm hoping to be able to figure out an overnight burn for the stove during milder weather. Not sure what to expect or what the setup will be to get the right burn.

Status
Not open for further replies.