30-nc Ceramic Fiber Board

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Blades, I'm going to attempt to make an automatic draft control similar to a Blaze King and a few others. It will have a bi-metallic that operates a flap or butterfly hooked to the 3" primary hole in back. No electronics and all reversible if it doesn't work.

I do not see much effect of the air control up front until it is about 3/4 in, how much of that is the 3" inlet in the I do not know. You also have 2 inlets up front behind the legs and then there is the secondary as well.

This is my first year with the 30. How long does the stock board usually hold up? I'm burning 24/7 oct-march.

It depends on how abusive (as in literally hitting them) you are. I think my stove is an '07 or '08 and it's on it's original boards still. My buddy, had a few two many drinks one night and was not careful when loading and ruined the stock boards on a stove that was only a few months old.

pen

Don't smash them with tools or splits and they will last as long as the stove I would guess. I added 1/8" stainless plate between the tubes and boards to insure against my carelessness. If you go that route cut the stainless into strips because a single sheet warps

My oem boards are fine and have survived me for 5 years, just playing with some others right now.

Status
Not open for further replies.