30 NC Firing on all cylinders

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

rottiman

Minister of Fire
Sep 23, 2009
Ontario Canada
Its 40 degrees outside with a 20 mph NW wind that is supposed to blow all night. Fired up the 30 after work tonight and the house is sitting @ 74. Secondaries are just a dancin and the stove top thermometer is steady @ 575. Best part is that I am using shoulder season shorts. Man,I love this stove. Kinda glad burnin season is about to start.

Sounds like a good thing!

I saw a side shot of the 30 the other day for the first time (it should be Englanders shot on their web site !!). It's on my list !!

Here is a side shot for ya Dix.

Attachments

• 30-nc side shot.jpg
    30-nc side shot.jpg
    93.9 KB · Views: 555
Doing The Dixie Eyed Hustle said:

I saw a side shot of the 30 the other day for the first time (it should be Englanders shot on their web site !!). It's on my list !!

I seen your comment on it. Its a pretty long stove. Making N/S loading very easy.

Got mine going too. Fired it yesterday evening. Loaded this morning at 5 before work. And then when I got home at 4 (threw in some some stuff and off to the races) there was a decent bed under the ash. Just loaded it for the bedtime load a few minutes ago. Just over 92* in my basement (only heating 800 sq of the 2,180 sq basement) 75 upstairs and 43 and dropping fast outside.

This is an awesome stove for the money. And its much prettier than some of the more costly stoves out there. IMO. Wont beat out an Aldera or most of the Jotul's. But for a steel plate stove. Best bang for the buck.

Attachments

• IMG-20110914-00359.jpg
    IMG-20110914-00359.jpg
    55 KB · Views: 568
BB, can you tell me the distance from the back of the collar to the back of the blower?
I'm trying to determine if I need to reconfigure the wall behind the stove when I get the 30.

PapaDave said:
BB, can you tell me the distance from the back of the collar to the back of the blower?
I'm trying to determine if I need to reconfigure the wall behind the stove when I get the 30.

Actually somebody else will have to measure it for ya. Half of my stove is back in the fireplace.

I had to throw a pic of mine up here too. Just fired her up tonight for the first time this season.

Attachments

• photo.jpg
    photo.jpg
    41.4 KB · Views: 567
GatorDL55 said:
I had to throw a pic of mine up here too. Just fired her up tonight for the first time this season.

How is that Ecofan doing with the bad boy?

We'll each purchase one next off season. We'll call it "The Annual Stove Install & Knee Destruction 2011, sponsored by Dr. Scholl’s Knee Pain Relief Orthotics"

I finished hooking up my Englander 30-NCH last night and had the building inspector sign off today. I built a small fire this evening to finish burning the smell out of the paint. Temps are supposed to be much cooler tomorrow - I'll throw a full load at it and see how it burns. So far so good with the new chimney - lot of draft.

Bill

GatorDL55 said:

Lookin' good Gator!

Ray

BrowningBAR said:
We'll each purchase one next off season. We'll call it "The Annual Stove Install & Knee Destruction 2011, sponsored by Dr. Scholl’s Knee Pain Relief Orthotics"

You got it. Taking the 650 pound Sierra out and putting the 30 in and then taking it out and replacing it back in 2006 shot both my knees and they have never recovered.

Hire people. Big strong people and sit on the couch and watch.

BrotherBart said:
GatorDL55 said:

It's probably working it's tail off. I would move it over to a cooler part of the stove top if that spot is regularly exceeding 650F.

GatorDL55 said:

Broadview Hts huh? I work in Cuyahoga Hts. Nice to see someone else in the neighborhood with a 30. They are amazing heaters.

BeGreen said:
BrotherBart said:
GatorDL55 said:

It's probably working it's tail off. I would move it over to a cooler part of the stove top if that spot is regularly exceeding 650F.

That is a five to six hundred spot so it should be fine. Six inches behind it is where things start getting interesting.

Burning my 30-NC as we speak in NE Ohio.

~*~Kathleen~*~ said:

Somebody is angry with me. Kinda used to that. Being an American male and all.

When can I pick up the stove?

With the way all these Englanders are getting installed and lighting up this year I think pretty soon everyone on hearth.com will own at least one!
We had their 28-3500 add-on furnace at our old house - that thing was built like a tank and could really push out massive amounts of heat.

BrotherBart said:
Here is a side shot for ya Dix.

OK, I get it, I get it :0

Main work horse, supplemented by the 13 & the PE.... sweet :)

jeeper said:
With the way all these Englanders are getting installed and lighting up this year I think pretty soon everyone on hearth.com will own at least one!
We had their 28-3500 add-on furnace at our old house - that thing was built like a tank and could really push out massive amounts of heat.

If they would stick some re-burn tubes in the top of that thing I would have had one years ago. In fact I gave serious thought to it in 1985.

BrowningBAR said:

Da Dixette just turned 30, I have an edge, plus she knows how to tile :)

*Shakers , as long as the museum $$$$'s are there*

*Shakers , as long as the museum $$$$'s are there*

Well ya know, you could sell a horse.

(Ducking under the desk now.)

BrotherBart said:
PapaDave said:

Actually somebody else will have to measure it for ya. Half of my stove is back in the fireplace.
Yeah, I knew that, but saw the pic and got brain dead. Thanks anyway.

heus said:
Burning my 30-NC as we speak in NE Ohio.
:coolsmile:
Wow. This year Ohio is coming in strong! Where abouts in Ohio?? I work in Cleveland (Cuyhoga hts) live near Wellington.

Papa Dave- I dont have the blower. But I just went down and measured. If the blower sticks out the back about 3-4". Then it should be about 9" from the back of the blower, to the very back of the stove collar. Hope that helps.

Status
Not open for further replies.