1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

30 NC Firing on all cylinders

Post in 'The Hearth Room - Wood Stoves and Fireplaces' started by rottiman, Oct 1, 2011.

1. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Member

Loc:
    Broadview Hts, OH
    Nice - my mother in law lives in Cuy Hts. Nice neighborhood. Go Browns! (saying that tongue in cheek as I am a steelers fan)

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Member

Loc:
    Broadview Hts, OH
    Wellington? I was out in your neighborhood yesterday. I bought a load of slabwood in Grafton.
  3. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Only a few minutes away from Grafton. I have an Amish saw mill next door that sells slab wood pretty cheap. Already cut to firewood length.
  4. GatorDL55

GatorDL55 Member

Loc:
    Broadview Hts, OH
    Oh yeah? What's he getting for some of that wood? I got a really large load from John in Grafton for 50 bucks. It was hanging out of the back of my truck by about 5 feet.
  5. DexterDay

DexterDay Guest

Well if it was hangin out the back that far (almost 2 loads) then he couldnt come close to that. I am thinkin he is right around $30 (give or take, depending on bed size, side kit, etc) The pile is about 30 ft tall and 50 ft in diameter. If you take your time and dig to the center, you can get wood that has been there over a year.
    Its not the greatest of seasoning conditions, but hey.....

Sounds like you got a good deal. Is that the guy advertising on Craiglist. Near the intersection of Rt 82 and Rt 83??

My apologies to the OP. Will PM and not highjack anymore. Sorry