30 NC Firing on all cylinders

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
DexterDay said:
GatorDL55 said:
I had to throw a pic of mine up here too. Just fired her up tonight for the first time this season.

Broadview Hts huh? I work in Cuyahoga Hts. Nice to see someone else in the neighborhood with a 30. They are amazing heaters.

Nice - my mother in law lives in Cuy Hts. Nice neighborhood. Go Browns! (saying that tongue in cheek as I am a steelers fan)

DexterDay said:
heus said:
Burning my 30-NC as we speak in NE Ohio.
:coolsmile:
Wow. This year Ohio is coming in strong! Where abouts in Ohio?? I work in Cleveland (Cuyhoga hts) live near Wellington.

Papa Dave- I dont have the blower. But I just went down and measured. If the blower sticks out the back about 3-4". Then it should be about 9" from the back of the blower, to the very back of the stove collar. Hope that helps.
Wellington? I was out in your neighborhood yesterday. I bought a load of slabwood in Grafton.

GatorDL55 said:
DexterDay said:
heus said:
Wow. This year Ohio is coming in strong! Where abouts in Ohio?? I work in Cleveland (Cuyhoga hts) live near Wellington.

Papa Dave- I dont have the blower. But I just went down and measured. If the blower sticks out the back about 3-4". Then it should be about 9" from the back of the blower, to the very back of the stove collar. Hope that helps.
Wellington? I was out in your neighborhood yesterday. I bought a load of slabwood in Grafton.

Only a few minutes away from Grafton. I have an Amish saw mill next door that sells slab wood pretty cheap. Already cut to firewood length.

DexterDay said:
GatorDL55 said:
DexterDay said:
heus said:

Only a few minutes away from Grafton. I have an Amish saw mill next door that sells slab wood pretty cheap. Already cut to firewood length.

Oh yeah? What's he getting for some of that wood? I got a really large load from John in Grafton for 50 bucks. It was hanging out of the back of my truck by about 5 feet.

GatorDL55 said:
DexterDay said:
GatorDL55 said:
DexterDay said:
heus said:

Oh yeah? What's he getting for some of that wood? I got a really large load from John in Grafton for 50 bucks. It was hanging out of the back of my truck by about 5 feet.

Well if it was hangin out the back that far (almost 2 loads) then he couldnt come close to that. I am thinkin he is right around $30 (give or take, depending on bed size, side kit, etc) The pile is about 30 ft tall and 50 ft in diameter. If you take your time and dig to the center, you can get wood that has been there over a year.
Its not the greatest of seasoning conditions, but hey.....

Sounds like you got a good deal. Is that the guy advertising on Craiglist. Near the intersection of Rt 82 and Rt 83??

My apologies to the OP. Will PM and not highjack anymore. Sorry

Status
Not open for further replies.