30 OR SO MILES FROM WATERVILLE MAINE ?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

muss

Feeling the Heat
Feb 26, 2008
Embden, Maine
tds
I might as well ask on here & maybe i'll get lucky. There is a park & ride besides having a large open lot from a closed buisness right off exit 133 on 95 . Plenty of room for a tractor trailer to unload a s**t of pellets . I'm quite sure there are more places like this up & down 95 corridor , for those who live farther north or south . Just another idea. I just feel like this might be coming close to fruitation, Muss

Hey Muss,
I like your idea and I think it is worth working through it to see if it can be pulled off. A little over a year ago I called around to a few local places asking about buying power through association (I was more clever the way I asked it) and I basically found that they were not willing to do anything special. pelletsales.com and their truckload shipments definitely opens up some options.

Unfortunately i'm in Eliot about 2 hours south of you. I'm 5 minutes off 95 right near the NH border, but I doubt you'd want to come this far for pick-up....I knwo I wouldn't want to drive up your way for pellets :)
I think Aw is in Kennebunk...40 minutes north of here, still a good hour and 20 from you.

Hey Muss-
I am about 40 miles from waterville...so I maybe interested in setting something up with a few of the hearth.com'ers....have you gotten a quote from pelletsales.com what a whole tractor trailer would be? According to just their site...the lowest priced pellet would be about 242.00 a ton with the delivery charge included. Are they offering an incentive to you(us) for this? I can get a ton at less than 250 delivered and stacked into my garage from the local feed store.(Corinth pellets) So something that I think would be a good idea, if the price is less than quoted online.

I live in Waterville. Keep my up to date as to what is going on, I'm interested. My number is 557-0589 hope to hear from you.

I have wood pellets in maine and cover most of the state with a place in rockland bangor and biddeford. just thought i would put it out there for anyone who might be interested.
my number 207-542-0834

Status
Not open for further replies.