30% Tax Credit almost over.........almost.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
imacman said:
3jfk said:
......I have a letter from my home owners insurance (Erie) stating the date of installation and completed to code......

That should do it.

Many thanks imacman and a Happy New Year to All !!!!

Safe burning.
Jon

Countryboymo said:
They will probably re-instate it after the first of the year to attempt to make anyone thinking about buying to get off the fence.

I don't think so.....

It would have to be part of another energy package, etc......

I'm not sure where the Home Star effort is -
"Home Star has been stalled in the U.S. Senate for months after having passed the House last May"

That has a good deal in it for wood and pellet stuff....and other energy stuff too!

save$ said:
I had H & R block do my taxes. I wrote up a summary of what I bought, how much I paid and when it was installed. Gave it to to the tax person, and that is what was used. They never looked at my receipts. (I did include place of purchase and invoice numbers) I have them should it go to an audit. My son insulated his roof. He took his receipts to his tax person, told him when he did the install, that was all he needed. For the do it yourself'ers, you'll only have your receipt and your word. Seems to work. It is what it is!

I understand the federal government is expecting large numbers of taxpayers to file for the wood stove tax credit in Detroit , Philidelphia , Chicago and many other inner cities. I don't think they need to worry about being audited and neither do I , because I actually bought a stove in 2010.

Status
Not open for further replies.