30NC stove adapter not fitting right?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.

MAD MARK

Feeling the Heat
Jan 31, 2016
Pittsburgh PA
I have an Englander 30nc and bought the duravent ceiling install kit. The adapter that came in the kit seems to bottom out on the inside lip of the flue exit before hitting the rib on the adapter. I was wondering if I was the only one or what people have done to fix this. Seems to me it should go down until it hit the rib on the adapter.

I can get a picture later if this doesnt make sense or if no one answers in the mean time.

30NC  stove adapter not fitting right?

Here's a picture of mine on stove. The adapter is not flush or level so the first piece of pipe had to be sorta crooked on adapter.
30NC  stove adapter not fitting right?

I just put the first piece of pipe right into the collar. Try skipping the adapter.

I just put the first piece of pipe right into the collar. Try skipping the adapter.

I was looking at your pictures and that it seemed like to me. This was after the fact I had it all together.

I've burned for 2 days so far and hasn't had any ill effect. I'm just going to ruin it getting it back out.

There is no standard flue diameter or depth. You just have to keep trying things until you get a secure and leakproof fit.

Attachments

• 30NC  stove adapter not fitting right?
    D487385C-C98A-4FA4-9FBB-E66706410AAF.jpeg
    48.7 KB · Views: 90
I'm using the DSP pipe on my 30, no adapter needed. I would think the DVL would be the same also. Like said, you have to try different things until it fits tight and no leaks.

On mine, I just crushed the crimp on the first piece of pipe to fit into the stove collar. There's a small part that buckled in, so I run a bead of Rutland furnace cement around that part after I put it back together. It's in the basement, so the aesthetics aren't as much of a concern, although one could bead it on nicely if they took the time.