30th Birthday Cake, You guys are gonna love this one.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
M

MasterMech

This is the cake my wife made for my 30th (on the 17th) birthday party. (which is the only surprise party I've ever had. And she pulled it off flawlessly.!)

bday cake.jpg

Visitors to my profile here will see under interests.... "Firewood, Turf, and Machines."

Right on. ;lol

What are the "logs" made out . . . almost look like Jimmy Dean sausage links.

Indeed, Happy Belated Birthday! Considering I am only a couple of years ahead of you, if you want to know any secrets about turning 31-32 let me know ;) 33 is coming next month.

Did you celebrate St Patty's day at the same time??

Andrew

Reactions: ScotO
Ahhhhh... very nice. My wife is from Irish descendants and we tend to try and do something every year. This year was much more quiet but I was able to get my hands on Guinness!

Is St Patty's celebrated decently in the valley?

Is St Patty's celebrated decently in the valley?

My wife and I don't drink so I don't know if that's a decent way to celebrate St. Patty's or not. :p Usually it's just cake and ice cream.

My BIL and his posse however usually make a pilgrimage up to Boston for the Drop Kick Murphy's and their St Patty's day show and make a good time of it.

Not drinking is a great idea. That lets you eat more cake and ice cream!!!

Glad you had an good birthday party...surprise ones are the best and it seems your wife pulled it off great!

Andrew

Reactions: MasterMech
Happy Belated Birthday, my fellow Pisces friend! I just turned 40 on the 15th.....and dammit, my wife didn't make me a cake like that one! But she DID make me her famous chocolate/sour crème scratch cake with homemade peanut butter icing.....so I'll let it slide this time!!

Wish I was only 30 again!!

Don't worry MM - I drank enough for the both of us.

(happy belated b-day ya durned kid :cool:)

Pisces here also! :) Belated wishes!

If you need info beyond the 30's let me know..... like the 40's, the 50's and on up. :)

I have no recollection of my 30th, which is sad because it was last year and there was no drinking involved...

Why was there no drinking involved :confused:?...can't remember that either.

That is awesome-Honey twists season in about a year, but need split to season that fast. I'd use hydros- that spiral grain is stringy! High btu fuel but prone to pretzel borers. Happy birthday Mech !

Happy Belated Birthday, my fellow Pisces friend! I just turned 40 on the 15th.....and dammit, my wife didn't make me a cake like that one! But she DID make me her famous chocolate/sour crème scratch cake with homemade peanut butter icing.....so I'll let it slide this time!!

Wish I was only 30 again!!

Hah! Me too, 30 again :) Another Pisces! I turned 40 on March 13th. I usually make my own cake, old family pound cake recipe but I got a Junior's red velvet cheesecake sent to me so I didn't bother. There's nothing like a Junior's cheesecake! Yummy!

Status
Not open for further replies.