1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

34 Ton Swisher Splitter...

Post in 'The Gear' started by chvymn99, Nov 6, 2011.

1. chvymn99

chvymn99 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kansas
    Here's a movie for some entertainment. While I was deciding on which splitter to get, there wasn't many videos of the Swisher splitters or talk about them. The biggest thing that I heard was the belt drive on them being a negative. But I reasoned that it wasn't too hard to replace a belt as oppose to the other ways that others are connected. I was really happy how well these things are built, they are very stout. Plus they its able to go vertical or horizontal position. The only thing that I want to get fixed is the foot only has one spike to hold the wood. As I scrounge quite abit. I dont always get square cuts on the wood. So far, I've used it to split about 12 cords and have several more to split. Hopefully, the long run will be as fruitful as its been so far.

[​IMG]

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. maxed_out

maxed_out New Member

Loc:
    Central Pa
    splits like hot knife thru buttah. pretty impressive.
  3. Iembalm4aLiving

Iembalm4aLiving Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    N.E. Ohio
    Swisher makes quality stuff-worry not and enjoy that beast!
  4. raybonz

raybonz Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Carver, MA.
    Nice splitter except it needs the milk crate option... ;-)

Ray
  5. chvymn99

chvymn99 Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Kansas
    Yea, but I would have to move it when I got done splitting. Now all I do is split it and away I go. But I know Dennis would have been proud. :lol: