34 Ton Swisher Splitter...

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

chvymn99

Minister of Fire
Nov 20, 2010
Kansas
Here's a movie for some entertainment. While I was deciding on which splitter to get, there wasn't many videos of the Swisher splitters or talk about them. The biggest thing that I heard was the belt drive on them being a negative. But I reasoned that it wasn't too hard to replace a belt as oppose to the other ways that others are connected. I was really happy how well these things are built, they are very stout. Plus they its able to go vertical or horizontal position. The only thing that I want to get fixed is the foot only has one spike to hold the wood. As I scrounge quite abit. I dont always get square cuts on the wood. So far, I've used it to split about 12 cords and have several more to split. Hopefully, the long run will be as fruitful as its been so far.

th_a5eb455d.jpg

splits like hot knife thru buttah. pretty impressive.

Nice splitter except it needs the milk crate option... ;-)

Ray

raybonz said:
Nice splitter except it needs the milk crate option... ;-)

Ray

Yea, but I would have to move it when I got done splitting. Now all I do is split it and away I go. But I know Dennis would have been proud. :lol:

Status
Not open for further replies.