350 Husky will not oil

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jensent

Apr 22, 2010
central Ill
Saw was stored dirty for several years. Oiled fine before storage. Cleaned bar grooves and holes, area around clutch. Drained oil tank and fuel tank and rinsed with gas. Drained again and filled with oil in oil tank, mixed gas in fuel tank. Oil flow adjustment screw turn hard and old oil was partly jelled. Where do I start? Tree service just dumped two tandem dump truck loads of wood in the side yard. I'm not sure the Stihl 021 (15yo) and the new Dolmar 420 will be enough saw!! Worked 12 hours and probably only have 10% cut and split.
Tom

Try running some kerosene through the oil system, let it soak overnight.

Reactions: Butcher
May want to take clutch off and that metal plate and examine/check out the oil pump and gear. I did all you did cleaning wise and finally just replaced the oil pump and gear and all was good.

Happened to me on same saw.
Remove bar. Leave clutch cover off. Make sure there is nothing blocking the oil hole.
Empty the oil.
Add old gas or mineral spirits to oil reservoir.
Start saw.
Rev it a few times. Shake it. Rev it....
Open close oil adjust. Shake it. rev it.

Hopefully it will start spitting out the oil hole.
Could run a little compressed air through oil hole but I did not need to do this.

Don't forget to dump oil reservoir.

MnDave

Found the reason the oiler was damaged! In the manual for our Dolmar PS 420 there is a note that veggy bar and chain oil should be flushed from the saw before storage. Seems that type of bar and chain oil drys and hardens over time. That is the type of oil that was left in the 350 Husky! Just something to think about.
Tom

Reactions: pen
Status
Not open for further replies.