357xp or 562xp

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

ampamp

Oct 31, 2010
Buffalo - Rochester
I'm considering one of these saws since I'm in the market for a 60cc saw. Couple questions here. I've heard some starting or idilling issue with the 357xp. True?...maybe fixed if buying a new saw? That may have been early on...hopefully? The 357xp seems a bit more tested since it's been around more. I'm aware of the specs on both, so I'm really just looking for thoughts on both saws. I also noticed that the 562xp comes with autotune and xtorq. Are these features proven or more problems than they are worth. Lastly, this is sort of unrelated, but I noticed these saws will come with 3/8, 0.050", full chisel chain. I assume one would notice a difference if I normally used a .325, 0.058", full chisel..........assuming the same saw....and it was possible. I know this is a hard comparison, but I'm wondering what type of performance difference you see if everything else is created equal and you go to a 3/8, 0.050" chain. Thanks.........everybody is always very helpful!

I've owned 2 357XPs but both were woods ported. They ran perfect. I am hearing good things about the 562XP and hopefully one will show up at my GTG so I can it run for myself.

amp said:
I'm considering one of these saws since I'm in the market for a 60cc saw. Couple questions here. I've heard some starting or idilling issue with the 357xp. True?...maybe fixed if buying a new saw? That may have been early on...hopefully? The 357xp seems a bit more tested since it's been around more. I'm aware of the specs on both, so I'm really just looking for thoughts on both saws. I also noticed that the 562xp comes with autotune and xtorq. Are these features proven or more problems than they are worth. Lastly, this is sort of unrelated, but I noticed these saws will come with 3/8, 0.050", full chisel chain. I assume one would notice a difference if I normally used a .325, 0.058", full chisel..........assuming the same saw....and it was possible. I know this is a hard comparison, but I'm wondering what type of performance difference you see if everything else is created equal and you go to a 3/8, 0.050" chain. Thanks.........everybody is always very helpful!

562XP is where my money would go. 357XP is a great saw but if I'm spending the dough, I want to have the best performance possible. I'm not afraid of new tech either. If autotune or M-tronic (Stihl's equiv) was causing trouble I'm sure we would have heard about it by now. As for X-Torq, that's been around for a few years (Intro'd on the 575XP?) and hasn't been an issue either. Sure does save on fuel too! And just to top it off, the 562XP's looks will make your buddies (even us Stihl-heads) super jealous!

The jump to 3/8" over .325 won't scare you. What's your current saw amp? Usually once you get near 60cc's they all come with 3/8" chain on 'em.

X-torq simply is Husqvarna's name for the strato-charged 2-cycle engine. That technology has been around since about 1998, and I'd say it's proven.

The end result is better emissions, much better fuel efficiency, and more "grunt." The little downside often had been a tad more weight, but even that is not the case for newer models.

Status
Not open for further replies.