35F? Really?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dix

Minister of Fire
May 27, 2008
Long Island, NY
Nothing like living in "Icey Hollow".

Just fired the PE. Should be enough for the night.

What? That's bonkers. Its in the mid 70s in my house and we have windows open to cool the house down.

Bill Korbel just said down to mid 30's here tonight. You're closer to the water, makes a difference.

It's always colder here in the Pine Barrens.

On the plus side, it's cooler in the summer !

Just took Murph out & it's 40F according to the thermo.

Icey Hollow link http://www.longwood.k12.ny.us/history/ridge/icy hollow.htm

Forcast is for low 40s here tonight I would have a little fire if the stove wasn't cleaned out, but I refuse to get it dirty again just for one night

Theres a lot of areas like that around here too, one morning it was -2 when I left my house, as I was travelling it hit -21 and when I got to where I was going it was -16, in the winter the higher valleys can get real cold on a windless night with high pressure overhead.

Frost here tonight, but I wound up getting busy helping out a friend and didn't get home early enough to start the fire up. The house will be what it will be tomorrow morning, will be surprised if it gets under 68 inside anyway.

But, would have liked one more fire. But was good to spend time with the pal.

pen

Normal temp for us here. Been getting in the low 60s during the day though.

We had the central AC running yesterday! It was in the low 50s last night. What a difference out there on the island.

I live like 10 miles from Dixie and there is no way I was lighting a fire last night. It was like 73* in my house last night, and in the lower 50s outside. Her little valley sees significantly cooler temps then I do on the north shore.

Eileen, you are getting what we had. Tonight the forecast is finally for 50. 80's the next two days. It was beautiful outside today!

Reactions: tfdchief
I'm on the south side of the valley, half way up. 1/2 a load in the PE did the job for the whole house last night, but we woke up to 65F in the house. Which is funny, because when the house was heated with oil, I set the thermo @ 62F, usually :)

Watching the weather now to see what we can expect tonight, but after that I think we'll be OK.

In the summer, you can feel the temp drop as you pull off of the highway ( Rt 25), it's quite amazing.

I'm on the south side of the valley, half way up. 1/2 a load in the PE did the job for the whole house last night, but we woke up to 65F in the house. Which is funny, because when the house was heated with oil, I set the thermo @ 62F, usually :)

Watching the weather now to see what we can expect tonight, but after that I think we'll be OK.

In the summer, you can feel the temp drop as you pull off of the highway ( Rt 25), it's quite amazing.

Ack, Bill says low of 42, which means 35ish again.

*grumbles*

That's really nutty. My house stays warm enough with the solar gain from the day. we wake up and its still in the low 70s and my house is drafty.

That's really nutty. My house stays warm enough with the solar gain from the day. we wake up and its still in the low 70s and my house is drafty.
Me too. I built my house with 80% of the windows facing south......does a lot to heat my house in the winter. I have 2 big red oaks I planted on the south side that shade it in the summer for the opposite affect.

The layout does not make for even heating. Long split ranch on 3 levels. Bottom half on a slab.

It's an " added onto" summer cottage. Most of the insulating is done, not to drafty, but the lay out poses a problem.

Hey, we did get into the 80's today. 86 for the high. Supposed to be higher yet tomorrow but more windy.

O the wind is nice Dennis ! That kind of heat drives me nuts.

Pete

And tonight we're due for 50 F +.

Geez, I hope it's over !!

Had 29° 2 nights ago. Waiting for above 40° nights to be the norm before I plant any more stuff in the garden.

Status
Not open for further replies.