372xp Big Bore Kit?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Dill

Feeling the Heat
Oct 14, 2008
Northwood NH
Happened to be flipping through a baileys catalog yesterday and noticed they have a big bore kit for pretty cheap. 114 plus the gasket. Supposed to bump it up to 75 cc and be more of a torque saw than a revver. Anyone used this kit?

Most newer 372XP's have the 75cc Piston/Cylinder already installed. I have one and the biggest different between it and the 70cc version which I've run it against is the low end torque.

Iam not sold on the big bore kits time and effort to install and 5cc more time and money for me.If your looking for more power muffler port is more bang for the BUCK!

Mine's about 6 years old, 4 years it used professionally so I've been thinking about tossing a piston in anyway. This just got me thinking.

Dill said:
Mine's about 6 years old, 4 years it used professionally so I've been thinking about tossing a piston in anyway. This just got me thinking.
in that case its a no brainer I just about bought one for my 460 when it was new decided to wait til it needs a new piston.

372xpw
TECHNICAL DATA
Engine specification
Cylinder displacement 74.7 cc
Power output 5.4 hp
Idling speed 2700 rpm
Maximum power speed 9600 rpm
Cylinder bore 2.02 inch
Cylinder stroke 1.42 inch
372 xp
Engine specification
Cylinder displacement 70.7 cc