3Bears Stove Company

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

JDIED4U

Mar 13, 2011
Southwest Washington
I have a fireplace insert in an older country home my wife and I bought. The stove is a double door, arched doors, and in every detail the same construction as a Fisher stove. The handles are the same, the draft openings, and the "X" reenforcement design on the inside of each door. Across the front of the doors is the name, 3 Bear Stove Company, with a picture of three little bear faces. I am trying to permit this stove in Clark County, Washington, and they have asked for a serial number or manual or something to identify the stove. What do you guys know about this stove. The box is brick lined and 32 inches deep. It heats a big house. It is, however, an old style stove without any of the baffles in the newer stoves. I have it plumbed with a stainless & titanium pipe up through the old chimney. "God bless. Thanks for the help. I would surely buy a manual or whatever is out there.

This MUST be one of hundreds of brands which were made by local welding shops and other firms.

I think it is illegal (against codes) to install such a stove in your state. It not only does not meet any clean burning standards, but also probably does not have UL (testing lab) approval.

Status
Not open for further replies.