1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)

3Bears Stove Company

Post in 'Classic Wood Stove Forums (prior to approx. 1993)' started by JDIED4U, Mar 13, 2011.

1. JDIED4U

JDIED4U New Member

Loc:
    Southwest Washington
    I have a fireplace insert in an older country home my wife and I bought. The stove is a double door, arched doors, and in every detail the same construction as a Fisher stove. The handles are the same, the draft openings, and the "X" reenforcement design on the inside of each door. Across the front of the doors is the name, 3 Bear Stove Company, with a picture of three little bear faces. I am trying to permit this stove in Clark County, Washington, and they have asked for a serial number or manual or something to identify the stove. What do you guys know about this stove. The box is brick lined and 32 inches deep. It heats a big house. It is, however, an old style stove without any of the baffles in the newer stoves. I have it plumbed with a stainless & titanium pipe up through the old chimney. "God bless. Thanks for the help. I would surely buy a manual or whatever is out there.

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. webbie

webbie Seasoned Moderator Staff Member

Loc:
    Western Mass.
    This MUST be one of hundreds of brands which were made by local welding shops and other firms.

I think it is illegal (against codes) to install such a stove in your state. It not only does not meet any clean burning standards, but also probably does not have UL (testing lab) approval.