3pt chipper?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

feelingasi

May 1, 2008
palermo ny
i've been toying with the idea of getting one of these things for a while. a guy a couple miles up the road has a LIBERTY WC-8. it is out by the road 4 sale and it looks hardly used!! he's asking 1000 OBO. i looked em up online and they go for 2600 new. does anyone have any experience with this particular model or any advice on other brands that you might prefer??? I live on 13 acres and cut alot off my own property. some trees come from what we call our yard. as you can imagine it is kindof a PITA getting rid of all the brush. thought this might help quicken up the cleanup? MH 50 is about 35hp at the PTO, should run it ok? wouldn't chip anything bigger than 4", i'd burn it. Curious on your opinions.

I have a bearcat (http://www.bearcatproducts.com/outdoor-equipment/product/148/5 inch PTO Chipper) I run this on a 32 hp deere and it runs it more than ok . i use to use it on a 16 hp kubota and that actually worked ok unless you got into longer 3 inch stuff as the flyweheel would loose momentum .
Chipping can be rather slow and time consumeing I have cleaned several fence lines and chipped the brush tp get rid of it then used the chips for landscapeing , I would see if you can find a use for the chips , that can be the breaking point verses makeing a brush pile and just burning it . I understand the wanting to get rid of the brush piles but the rabbits need places to live too.

Status
Not open for further replies.