3rd season with osburn 45

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

dave1966

Aug 24, 2008
south jersey
well 3rd season still liken it only issue i had from day 1 was glass had ash build up in an hour and half of running tryed damper adjustment no help second season tryed several different pellet brands still the same outcome, well this year i replaced the gasket fired up stove and what do ya know ran all night very little ash on the glass,did it come with low grade gasket or was it just slapped on at the factory?

Hi Dave, I'm with Osburn. Pellet Stoves are different than regular stoves in that it is fairly difficult to get a good air wash going. That being said, you should get best results by running the damper at the lowest settings possible.

The gaskets we use for the stoves are a tight-knit braid to reduce the amount of air leaking around the door and it would be the identical gasket you replaced it with. It could be that there was a gap or some air leakage around the initial gasket that impeded the air flow.

I'm glad to hear its working well now. All the best

Not dave here but Osburn & Enerzone are the high end SBI models drolet and (flame witch was acquired a few years back by SBI from metal MDR) are the economy models sold through the box stores,

They do share some similar parts like igniters, motors, PC board & sensors but there are a lot of item specific parts like glass, door & gaskets that are different, if you download each owners manual you can get an idea by referencing the SBI part numbers in the manuals, however you also need to be aware that SBI has changed parts & design based on serial number that may show the same number in the manual but may actually be a different part after a certain serial number of stove, most electrical parts can be sourced through the part manufacturer rather than SBI (who is extremely slow to deal with) & at a fraction of the SBI price as SBI will not deal with the consumer you must order parts through the dealer who orders from the regional supplier who orders from SBI & all want to add 100% profit, so a $40.00 motor ends up costing you $120.00 before taxes.

Joe

i too have an osburn hybrid-45...the window does not stay clean...maybe i should try to replace the gasket...but looking at the gasket it looks fine tho...

I have noticed in the eco 65 manual it says to remove the door latch blocking pin with vice grips then turn the door latch assembly counter clockwise 1 turn then tap the pin back in with a hammer, this will cause the latch to pull the door tighter when you close it.

Status
Not open for further replies.