1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

4-6

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by thewoodlands, Nov 27, 2010.

1. thewoodlands

thewoodlands Minister of Fire

They called for 4-6 inches last night, looks like they were right.

Attached Files:

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. Shari

Shari Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Wisconsin
    Oh, don't tell me that! Our 3 yr. old grand daughter is positive Santa will be here as soon as there is snow for his sleigh!

Peaceful scene - - - - thanks for sharing!

Shari
  3. PapaDave

PapaDave Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Northern MI - in the mitten
    Oh, it's coming soon enough.
    We only got .5" last night. It's all melting.
  4. SmokinPiney

SmokinPiney Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    In the Pines, NJ
    My uncle and cousin are probably lovin it right now. They're up at his cabin for rifle season and were hopin for some snow.
  5. Uper

Uper Member

Loc:
    Eastern UP, MI
    This is what our 6 inches looked like. It all melted with the rain this morning, but we're gettin' more tonight through Thursday.

Attached Files:

6. thewoodlands

Uper your place looks great. This is what we have coming in, should be a mess.

... FLOOD WATCH REMAINS IN EFFECT FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING...

THE FLOOD WATCH CONTINUES FOR

* A PORTION OF NORTHERN NEW YORK... INCLUDING THE FOLLOWING AREAS... SOUTHEASTERN ST. LAWRENCE... SOUTHERN FRANKLIN... WESTERN CLINTON AND WESTERN ESSEX.

* FROM LATE TONIGHT THROUGH THURSDAY MORNING

* WIDESPREAD RAINFALL WILL OVERSPREAD THE ADIRONDACK MOUNTAINS LATER TODAY AND PERSIST INTO WEDNESDAY BEFORE TAPERING TO LIGHT SNOW OR SNOW SHOWERS WEDNESDAY NIGHT. AREAL AVERAGE RAINFALL AMOUNTS DURING THE PERIOD WILL RANGE FROM 2 TO 3 INCHES... WITH THE HIGHEST TOTALS LIKELY OCCURRING ACROSS ESSEX COUNTY ALONG SOUTH FACING SLOPES.

* SHARP RISES TO NEAR BANK FULL OR MINOR FLOOD ARE POSSIBLE ON RIVERS AND SMALLER STREAMS ACROSS THE REGION LATER TONIGHT INTO WEDNESDAY.

zap
  7. Uper

Uper Member

Loc:
    Eastern UP, MI
    Thanks Zap, we really like it here. I've wanted to live in the UP for most of my life and finally made it up here about 4 years ago. Searched long and hard for some land to build a log home on, but this place came along for a lot less $$ and we couldn't pass it up. If I can get a few more years in, I should be able to start gettin' up when I want to!
  8. Backwoods Savage

Backwoods Savage Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Michigan
    We even finally have snow on the ground this morning and it is still snowing but very lightly. The ground is not frozen so it shouldn't last long. We had 55 degrees yesterday; amazing. We had to be in Saginaw and on our way home the temperature dropped 11 degrees (that's about 45 minutes). So I figured we might get a little snow. I won't put the snow blade on yet though.
  9. Uper

Uper Member

Loc:
    Eastern UP, MI
    Ha! I put my blade on in October and it's been sitting there ever since! Finally pushed snow just to see if the thing still ran last Saturday but probably didn't need to. Tonight we could see around 6-8 inches of lake effect.
  10. thewoodlands

Sav, high 50's today dropping down to 30 later this afternoon, wild winds last night and still this morning. This could mean some trail clearing on Saturday. :coolgrin:

zap
  11. basswidow

basswidow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Milton GA
    Beautiful place Uper! Is that a pond or river in the picture?
  12. Uper

Uper Member

Loc:
    Eastern UP, MI
    Thanks Basswidow, that's a river that opens up into a lake about 200 yards up. I'm still trying to make time to get out and fish it more, but when I have free time I'm currently much more drawn to the woods than water. That may change eventually.

Attached Files:

13. basswidow

basswidow Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Milton GA
    Shoot Uper,

I'd be all over that. A canoe or jon boat and my fishing gear - I'd be on it from sun up to sun down. I'd be on a first name basis with every bass in there!

You can always process wood when the water gets hard.

Lovely place - you're very blessed.