# 4 Butternut Tree in Wisconsin

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
just some Pics of the #4 Butternut in size in the state of WI,

and its located on woodland that my family own's,

its well protected in the middle of a ravine, but the top is broken up now and don't know how many more years the old tree will be around but had the Local DNR "Department of Natural Resource's" out on the land and He noticed the size and took the measurement's on the tree and looked it up in the state index and came back that it is # 4 in the state,

any way enough with my rambling here are some pics of the tree!!!

this is located about 2 miles from my house.

anybody else have any cool tree's?
butternet atv close.JPG butternut atv far.JPG butternut top.JPG

No word from them before hand?

At my old house in town had a huge elm that was over top of the power lines and I also came home and power company was trimming the tree. I was not happy but to late by then. The tree didn't have any branches through the line they all where over top of the lines.

2 years later the elm was pretty much dead due to the shock from the trimming, I complained back to power company and they cut it into chunks and put on the ground for me, took me a month to get it all cut split and cleaned up,
That one tree probably heated my house for a winter
Wanna say the trunk was 46 or 56" in diameter,

Any way thanks for posting about your oak

Status
Not open for further replies.