4 inch wall connector for an OAK in metal

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

zrtmatos

Feeling the Heat
Nov 26, 2012
Connecticut
Does anyone have a part they use for the connection for an OAK from a 4 inch hose to a wall? I already have the dryer type connection on the outside. I need to find the part to connect this 4 inch diameter metal tube to the wall and then to the 4 inch piping. I originally set it up with a plastic piece and realize it's a no-no but what are others using? ;?

Does anyone have a part they use for the connection for an OAK from a 4 inch hose to a wall? I already have the dryer type connection on the outside. I need to find the part to connect this 4 inch diameter metal tube to the wall and then to the 4 inch piping. I originally set it up with a plastic piece and realize it's a no-no but what are others using? ;?

I guess I don't understand exactly what it is that you need. Most dryer vents have an aluminum snap-tube that passes thru the wall & attaches to the outside vent cap. Is that what you need?

I guess I don't understand exactly what it is that you need. Most dryer vents have an aluminum snap-tube that passes thru the wall & attaches to the outside vent cap. Is that what you need?

Yes, Daksy. The one I purchased is used to connect to a dryer vent, and it has no collar for the inside wall. I need a way to finish the install through the sheetrock behind the stove. I think I may have something at the HD. 4 inch collar?

Yes, Daksy. The one I purchased is used to connect to a dryer vent, and it has no collar for the inside wall. I need a way to finish the install through the sheetrock behind the stove. I think I may have something at the HD. 4 inch collar?

Your original post stated theat plastic is a "no-no"...Why do you say that? There's not a whole lot of heat in that OAK. I run 2" PVC thru the wall for Harman OAKs a LOT...

I have read on many posts here that there should not be any pvc on OAKS. It should be all metal. I was unable to find any other way on my initial install of the stove. Any ideas?

hey Daksy, he needs the thingy that attaches to the whatchamacallit. you know which one

wall collar? ;lol

sounds like you looking for something of round metal with a 4 inch hole in it no? Im not much help though the ones I have seen are all plastic.

Status
Not open for further replies.