4 Inches of GEORGIA snow????

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bigtall

Oct 30, 2009
West Georgia
Now I get to get out and buck and split like my hero Quads!

l_742575b1b21343a6879c6b98ac544080.png

l_60c216c54bb7474a8c41194462aac863.png

l_50d51b9753784139bb752258ee1a9b6a.png

I see a nice par 5 taking shape in that last shot bigtall. Place sure is purdy with that snow cover.

Bet that was enough to shut down the state.

Yes, people go crazy down here when this happens. They forget how to drive and panic for milk and bread! It will all be melted and gone by this afternoon, so they will have to find another excuse for their apathy.

savageactor7 said:
I see a nice par 5 taking shape in that last shot bigtall. Place sure is purdy with that snow cover.

I have 9 holes of par 3s laid planned out in my head. Now I just need to quit my job so I can work on it! I do use that field in the pic for my driving range. That lone oak out there is about 250 yards from my tee box behind my barn.

A couple more.

l_bf00d42c52d944839e5014359df4b270.png

l_731b0025d14948eb827dfc145c625f91.png

I'm sure that snow was a shock for most folks down there. But you might as well join the crowd with the snowfall.

Beautiful pictures!

Well thanks, but I wouldn't say I was heroic. More crazy than anything!

I bet it makes you real glad you have the wood to heat your home.
Change of pace working in the snow, but hurry
I hear it will melt soon.
Great place
Thanks for the pictures

bigtall said:
Yes, people go crazy down here when this happens. They forget how to drive and panic for milk and bread! It will all be melted and gone by this afternoon, so they will have to find another excuse for their apathy.

Hey bigtall,
I'm in Michigan. We get a little snow in the winter (except this one). You'd think folks from here would know and REMEMBER how to drive in the stuff. No. They don't.
Then we get the headlines and news reports of "snow CAUSES multiple accidents". No. It doesn't. People driving like they're on the Nascar circuit is what causes it.
Not adjusting for conditions.
Evidently, no one knows how to MAKE bread either.
I should just stop now, my blood pressure is climbing.
Great pics too.

Milk and bread...why do so many people like French Toast when it snows? How do all of the sane people down south deal with the "snow panic"?

Sen. John Blutarsky said:
Milk and bread...why do so many people like French Toast when it snows? How do all of the sane people down south deal with the "snow panic"?

We stay at home and watch the videos on TV of them crashing into each other, and split wood.

In the northeast everyone also panics for milk, bread, and eggs. Forget that, I run for beer and Jack Daniels. Actually Molson Canadian from the north and Jack Daniels from the south.
Burn On!!!

Yep, when it was coming I went and got Jack Daniels and Captain Morgan. Luckily we made it through. Whew! It was close though! We almost had to drink some old wine, and today is sunday, so no liquor sales!!!!

91220da said:
In the northeast everyone also panics for milk, bread, and eggs. Forget that, I run for beer and Jack Daniels. Actually Molson Canadian from the north and Jack Daniels from the south.
Burn On!!!

Up here they still go into Panic Central with snow in the forecast . . . as if folks around here have never seen or expect to see it in middle of the winter.

Items they stock up on: milk, bread and eggs . . . beer . . . Allen's coffee brandy . . . and chlorine.

Status
Not open for further replies.