4" liner install

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Heisler0

Sep 27, 2015
Brunswick, MD
I am getting ready to do my liner this weekend but am trying to come up with an acceptable way to hook 4" liner to 3" stove vent. Breckwell made a 4" adapter but there is none to be had that I can fine.

Is it ok to put 3-4 increaser directly off of stove than hook liner to that? Chimney liner depot has a S.S. increaser could hook to stove seal with high temp caulk.

Well yeah you obviously need a stainless 3 to 4 increaser. What is the problem?

Hopefully none which is why I'm checking. Wasn't sure if it would be better to come off stove in a double wall pipe make the transition to 4" than the liner or if just a single wall SS increaser and straight to the liner would work which sounds like it's ok to do.

Do a 3" to 4" with a t at the stove and you will be fine

I have a P23i as well, last year was my first season as a pellet newbie. As "fmsm" posted earlier, go online and buy a SS 3-4" T and you'll be good to go! I'm using one with approx. 25' vertical of 4" flex, and my first season was a pleasure. I'm actually bummed that oil prices are now making pellets marginally worth the trouble!

Status
Not open for further replies.