1. Welcome Hearth.com Guests and Visitors - Please enjoy our forums!
    Hearth.com GOLD Sponsors who help bring the site content to you:
    Hearthstone Soapstone and Cast-Iron stoves( Wood, Gas or Pellet Stoves and Inserts)
    Caluwe - Passion for Fire and Water ( Pellet and Wood Hydronic and Space Heating)

4" of heavy, wet snow. How much snow did you guys get with this storm? Oops. Just saw Dennis' thread

Post in 'The Inglenook' started by Gasifier, Feb 25, 2012.

1. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    The heavy stuff came quick today. Then tonight I went to get the kids a movie to watch and it was pouring rain. Seems to be getting the stuff off the trees though. The branches were starting to hang down again. The last thing I need is more downed branches. Just finishing up with clean up from last ice storm. Wife and I were saying today how nice it has been, and that it was good we could get it all cleaned up before spring. How much snow did you guys get with this storm?

Helpful Sponsor Ads!

2. moody

moody Member

Loc:
    Southern West Virginia
    we got a little over 6 inches heavy wet snow last sunday in 4 hours , i used my cubcadet ex3200 to delete it from my driveway an street.
  3. Reggie Dunlap

Reggie Dunlap Feeling the Heat

Loc:
    Northern Vermont
    We have about 16 inches new snow and it's still dumping in northern VT.
  4. firefighterjake

firefighterjake Minister of Fire

Loc:
    Unity/Bangor, Maine
    4-5 inches here in central Maine . . . supposedly up north in The County they got something like 20 inches.
  5. NH_Wood

NH_Wood Minister of Fire

Loc:
    southern NH
    We missed it all again - no more than a 1/2 inch of crusty snow/ice. Didn't all melt today - real windy and fairly cold - should all be gone by Tuesday or Wednesday I'm sure......NH is still on a roll of a relatively snowless winter. Cheers!
  6. Gasifier

Gasifier Minister of Fire

Loc:
    St. Lawrence River Valley, N.Y.
    Holy sh!t Reggie! That is a serious storm. What do you use for snow removal. I did some shoveling today, before and after I got on the tractor, and man was it wet and heavy. Hope all goes well with your clean up. Got any pics of it?!
  7. Reggie Dunlap

Loc:
    Northern Vermont
    I do a lot of plowing so I'm pretty well set up for snow. I have a Duramax with a Fisher V plow and a 50 hp. Kubota tractor for pushing banks back. Also have a half ton Chevy with a 7.5' Fisher plow, but I don't plow with it much.

Still snowing hard...
  8. Reggie Dunlap

Loc:
    Northern Vermont
    Jay Peak is claiming 35" since yesterday afternoon.