4" Pellet vent size all the way up

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Capernaum

Sep 7, 2008
Philadelphia, PA.
Is it O.K. to install 4" pellet vent pipe from the bottom connection from the appliance adapter (adapter increaser 3"-4") with 4" clean out tee and 4" pipe all the way up? Instead of going up a certain distance with 3" pipe then transitioning to 4" pipe at the 15' height point. :roll:
my total vent height is approx. 23'.

Thanks

Yes indeedy. You can use a 3" appliance adapter into a 4" Tee with a 3" appliance side (I have one I ended up swapping out if you'd like it) going into the 4" stack pipe. If you use the 4x3 Tee you don't need the extra adapter increaser.

The 15' rule isn't where you change to 4" it's the total length that means you should be doing 4 & 4 all the way you can.

4" is much "gooder". Have at it.

Eric

Status
Not open for further replies.