4 those without snow:

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

bogydave

Minister of Fire
Dec 4, 2009
So Cent ALASKA
Some winter pics during a light snow fall around noon.
DSCF0248.JPG

DSCF0242.JPG DSCF0245.JPG

Looks absolutely awesome Dave ! nothing better than all that wood right along with all that snow! Nice pics. Beautiful!

Reactions: ScotO
Dave, I'm thinking that it is possible we will not have a white Christmas. What is really odd is that I really don't care! No snow makes for good wood cutting.

Reactions: charly
I wish it looked like that here! Beauty pics

Going to be a green Christmas here again this year...

Another old saying: Green Christmas; Full graveyard by Easter.

Nice Pictures.

Thanks for posting. It looks really beautiful. I think my new favorite way of viewing snow is on the internet. In the meantime, remind me to show you some tomatoes and peppers still ripening in the greenhouse.

What Dave isn't mentioning is that he had to wait till noon cause that is about when the sun was sorta out....and that it's about 0* outside.

Great pics, Dave.......love the one with tracks in it.

It looks like we're gonna have a nice muddy Christmas here in central PA yet again this year. My back yard is nothing but a slick muddy mess. It's not warm enough to dry out, and not cold enough to freeze solid........I'm tired of this junk. I want winter.

Reactions: Todd 2
Beautiful, thank you Dave.

Haven't had a good snowfall in a few years now. Really missing views like this. Don't miss the work involved tho.

Dave this makes me want to move into your house :p

Pete the snowless !

That is awesome looking, Im in about the same boat as Scotty an some others. Plenty of wood, plenty of soft ground, and no white stuff to make tracks in out to the wood pile :(

Yea, you live in a warmer place :)

Yea, but given our cold summer this year it's taken me this long to catch up with you! LOL I'm fighting a fungus trying to take down the tomato. It only has top leaves now, but is about 8ft tall and loaded with tomatoes. Unfortunately over half are still green. The pepper, spinach, lettuce and carrots are under lights and hanging in there.

Why is it that it can be 20 deg. outside and the stove is just a stove, heating. (good thing)
You take the 20 deg. and add some inches of snow outside and the stove turns into the most watched, stood beside, complemented thing in the house ?
Ive seen this with the kids, company and myself, in the past years ;lol

Few more today. Had to go for a walk after the Steelers lost<>
-6° & sunny
DSCF0249.JPG DSCF0255.JPG

DSCF0262.JPG

Looks nice bogydave. It looks like the weather this week for our area is sleet/rain/snow, more rain than sleet or snow. If we don't get that system at the end of the week it looks like a Pine needle brown Christmas.

How much snow do you have so far? 8"?

How much snow do you have so far? 8"?
Yea
10" official & settled to about 8" .
Getting some sublimation now with the cold sub zero dry air.
This weeks forecast if for clear & sub zero temps. Be down to 6" in no time.

Now: -10°f , clear, calm

Status
Not open for further replies.