4-Tine Cultivator, Many Uses ,Processing Wood

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

HDRock

Minister of Fire
Oct 25, 2012
Grand Blanc, Mi
For pulling out small stuff from the trailer my ,.home made log rite hookaroon wasn't doing the job , I tried a steel rake, tines to short , then, I picked up one of these Ames 4-Tine Cultivators $16, works great ,also use it for gathering up pieces while pole cutting, ,raking in tight places , like leafs between bushes.

Works good for gathering up bark n junk ,pulling that stuff up onto the scoop shovel, pulling the stuff out of the dump cart to burn pile , pulling sticks n bark up into the fire while burning.
Moving the small limbs out of the way

Just something I tried , U can even scoop n pick up splits if it's centered
I thought about sharpening the tines but , don't really see the need.

I imagine I will find many uses for it , the tines are long enough to get a hold of stuff where a rake won't .

5dc8cda7-add4-4958-8730-8623a65959a0_300.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.