4-Way Wedge for my 35 ton CountyLine Splitter

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MacinJosh

Feeling the Heat
Mar 4, 2015
Crestwood, KY
Hey guys, looking for a 4-way wedge for my splitter. The SpeeCo one listed on TSC website that says it will work with CountyLine gets less than stellar reviews. And I don't think the Swisher 4-way wedge will fit my splitter.

Anyone on here have a 4 way splitter for a 35 ton CountyLine they use and like?

Thanks

I never used one but common sense says the log would have to be the perfect size for it to work correctly. Too big uh uh to little uh uh

Last edited:
I have a 35 ton Huskee/Speeco. It would certainly handle a 4-way but I can't see me ever using one. If you get one, let us know what you think.

i have a speeco 4 way splitter for my black diamond 25 ton splitter i was impressed with it. it is a slip on and off that takes maybe 10 seconds to do but common sense tells me to do all the big stuff first then take the 4 way off to do the smaller stuff.

I made one. It was awesome until I got into a really snarly round and twisted it all up. I made mine to slip on - it would take about 1 second to take on or off. That was really nice because the 4 way wedge is only good for a certain size of log. I thought about buying one, but for $100 it doesn't really increase my efficiency that much.

I made one for a customer, slip on style, said it worked well until he ripped a wing off, had it repaired hasn't used since- but that could be due to the odd weather this year as he is in the firewood business and that hasn't been stellar from what I can tell.

Status
Not open for further replies.