40 yarder has arrived

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

gzecc

Minister of Fire
Sep 24, 2008
NNJ
Putting the sandy stumps in the dumpster tomorrow in the rain. Been raining all weekend, its going to be a muddy mess with the giant excavator!

Attachments

• dumpster 40.jpg
    dumpster 40.jpg
    136.9 KB · Views: 193
Wow, good luck with that. Nothing but mud here, too.

Luckily all the stumps are now located on the perimeter if the property, accessed by a dirt/gravel path.

I was fortunate enough to get all my log skidding done while the ground was still frozen. That doesn't happen every year.

How did it go?

I was skidding today, but only 5 trees, all roughly 12" caliper. I'm right between the two of you, and it's a muddy mess here, too!

On the plus side, I did get my wood stacking pallets all lined up and leveled. I have 2.5 cords of 2016/17 wood CSS'd in the driveway, done when the wood lot was inaccessible during this year's messy snow melt, and I'm just waiting for the ground to dry enough to move it down to the wood lot.

How did it go?
If you were referring to me, a 40 yard dumpster is huge! It took all my biggest stumps and a lot of the smaller ones that I didn't expect.

Status
Not open for further replies.