400 thousand without power

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

wardk

Feeling the Heat
Jul 19, 2012
B.C. Canada
Are you wood guys staying warm?

57 F, but at it since 3 am to get there; holding down furniture that would otherwise blow away. Some storm.

EKO 25 in basement with 500 gallons of 180 degree storage, radiant floors, super insulated, thermostats set at 70, super tight and no oil burner roaring in the basement. With that combination you don't even get a hint of what's going on outside. With boiler shut down at 9 PM last night and storage at 184, I checked the tank temperature when I went to the basement to retrieve my gloves from the glove drying rack aka bypass pipe and it read 162 degrees.

Reactions: Taylor Sutherland
I got my firing rhythm out of synch yesterday when I made one on mid-morning on the way out for a few hours. I knew things would be on the cool side by the time I got back. That meant I went to be last night with storage at 190 & no fire in the boiler - which led to storage at 140 when I got up an hour ago. First time I've burned before eating breakfast with this thing. Still have power.

I haven't been all the efficient. I was around all day and kept throwing in a few sticks at a time. I've kept the tanks between 175 and 195 all day. Bumping on idle all the time.. but the zones keep calling often, so it's not idling long.

Still got line power. Kohler is ready if that goes. Plowed the drive a few times yesterday, about 8 inches. This morning was another foot plus. Still blowing and drifting a bunch.

You all stay safe. Work slow. Shoveling isn't worth a heart attack.

JP

Status
Not open for further replies.