400sq ft heat jotul heat options?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Lardos86

Nov 13, 2016
Georgia
I'm building a 384 sq foot shop. 2/3rds of the ceiling will be 8 ft with a 5ft loft up above. The shop will be sealed but not insulated. Do you guys think a jotul 602 will be sufficient enough to heat? I live in central Georgia so our winters don't get below 20 degrees on a cold day. Space is limited as I will be working in it. Any suggestions? Thanks!

I have an older 602 in our 240 sq ft greenhouse. When it's 30º outside it will take about an hour and a half to move the interior temp from around 35F to 55F. For your larger area I would go a bit larger with maybe the Englander 13NC, True North TN20 or Century S244.

Status
Not open for further replies.