40ish last night....Anyone else still burning??

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Yup still burning here too.Actually shut down stove and was using hho but wanted to try out the new Maine Choice pellets..........39 degrees in June.....Crazy!!

So how did the Maine Choice burn? A local place said that was one of the brands they might get. I bought a few bags from TSC, but didn't burn them as stove was already shut down. I looked in the bag and the pellets seem really small. Don't know if that's good or bad, or makes no difference.

Still burning.....had a frost warning last night. Does a great job in taking the chill out of the house.

newf lover said:
So how did the Maine Choice burn? A local place said that was one of the brands they might get. I bought a few bags from TSC, but didn't burn them as stove was already shut down. I looked in the bag and the pellets seem really small. Don't know if that's good or bad, or makes no difference.
I am quite pleased so far.Size wise they looked about "right".It is hard to really see how they are just running the stove 6-8 hours at nite time. The burnpot seems pretty clean though. I would still prefer green team or Rocky Mountains as they burned the best in my Maxx and have already proven themselves. I am thinking of ordering my 6-7 tons and they are in the running ................just hard to commit with only having burned 3 bags......boy I wish the prices would come down to the $240/ton range!!!

Yeah, that's a tough call. I have a Tractor Supply opening 1.5 miles from my house. Many of the TSC seem to be carrying Rocky Mountain, Spruce Pointe and Maine's Choice, so I'll be trying them hopefully. I am fortunate in that there seems to be many sources of pellets around me. Unless there's some fantastic deal, I think I'm going to mix my pellets next year and get 3-4 tons of different kinds. I'm afraid of getting multiple tons of a bad pellet, but that's just my pessimistic self talking.

44F here in Wisconsin last nite... NG furnace keeping me warm (sort of)....

Status
Not open for further replies.