4100i - just installed today!

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

MofoG23

Feeling the Heat
Just finished my first break in fire after the install. I can't wait to load this thing up and see how much heat it puts out. Just the small break in fire put out more heat than our old fire place loaded up!

Old fire place (my wife HATED the brass cover - can't wait to see her face when she gets home from work!)

Attachments

• DSC_0293.jpg
    DSC_0293.jpg
    108.2 KB · Views: 395
New insert! I have to say that the place we bought this from did a top notch job on the install.

Now I have to wait for my $200 gift card from Quadrafire before I pickup the MS 361 - then life will be complete! :)

Attachments

• DSC_0316.jpg
    DSC_0316.jpg
    68.1 KB · Views: 420
Thats a nice stove,thats one I looked at when I was shopping for one.

A picture of the insert and liner ready to be installed.

Attachments

• DSC_0298.jpg
    DSC_0298.jpg
    160.8 KB · Views: 399
insert sitting in the hole ready for the trim kit.

Attachments

• DSC_0310.jpg
    DSC_0310.jpg
    94.2 KB · Views: 398
Looks really nice.. I think that surround really sets it off..

Shes a beaut MofoG23. Enjoy it in good health.

Happy Burning!!!

that insert is noncat right? it looks nice! i might consider one of these someday as an insert!

Correct - its a non cat.

I'm really looking forward to many winters with this. I've grown up feeding the wood stove at my parents house and really enjoyed it!

This is actually perfect timing as my wife and I are having our 5th anniversary at the end of this month. The traditional anniversary gift is "wood" for the 5th year. I think its rather appropriate - especially since she has helped me that last 2 weekends unloading the truck and building the new wood pile. ;)

Your going to love the stove (I own it and love it). I think I read you had well seasoned wood. My first year I had troubles building fires and keeping them going found out the wood wasn't well seasoned since then after my 2nd year I considered myself proficient at building a pretty good fire now.

One other problem or the only problem I had with the stove is the handle will stick after a while. This happened the first season I had the stove. I tried to open the door and the latch would not move and being me I gave it a little more umph and it snapped off in my hand, and there was a pretty good fire going on a Friday night about 10 PM what do you do? I had no problem the fire burned out and I called my dealer on Saturday morning, they didn't have the part in stock but was willing to take the handle of the display stove if I was OK with it (I was greatfull). Now what I do, at the suggestion of many on this web site, is to lubricate the latch a couple of times a year, and it has been fine since. In fact after I post this message I'm going to get my can of Zep 45 lubricant with teflon and spray the latch.

Again you'll love the stove as I do. This is my 4th season now and can't wait for colder weather.

By the way I'm in central Connecticut, Cowboy territory (well in my world it is).

Enjoy,

Brian

Just a quick update now that we have had it for a bit...

Best summary came from my wife the other night - "This has been the best investment we have made to our house" She didn't even say that after we gutted our kitchen and remodeled the entire thing! :D

The few nights where we dipped into the low 30's high 20's we kept our house around 72-75 degree's and always woke up to a warm house. I still smile every morning when I look at our thermostat to see how long the furnace ran and I see a big fat ZERO!

Two thumbs up for the 4100!!!

That looks great. They are really a nice looking insert. They are really well made too and I think they are the cleanest burning non-cat insert out there.

When I got our insert I had boiled the list down to the Jotul or the QuadraFire. Went with the Jotul due to clearances. I love my Jotul and I am sure you will love your pick even more as the winter really sets in.

Great looking stove, and congrats on a happy wife too. It will keep you warm for many years to come.
I am going on my 12th year with my quad 5100i and we still love it. Even my kids complain if the fire is not going, and they do not mind helping with the wood if it means great warmth in the winter. When my insert is going it becomes the only heat source because the house thermostat is 15 feet from the front of the stove.

That's a huge improvement. Looks great and sounds like it's a home run with the wife.

Enjoy the warmth, but do remember to cycle the furnace once in awhile, especially when the temps are very low. Frozen pipes are a bear.

Status
Not open for further replies.