44 Elite blower strength issue

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

Emrik

Jan 22, 2016
New York
Hello all,

Recently had to replace the blower on my 44 Elite and have since noticed a loss of "blow" from the blower. It comes on quickly enough but it is simply not pushing the hot air out anywhere close to what it had done. Any ideas what could be causing this would be appreciated?

When you install the new blower you need to push the damper flap through the opening in the blower housing before fastening in place. I'd bet that's the issue.

Thank you both for your response. It turns out the "door" (sorry this is all foreign to me) in the blower was stuck down and blocking the air flow. That sounds like what you suspected.

Regardless, the blower is now pushing the air out as it should but there is a new issue. Now the blower is turning on and off every 4 seconds.

Thank you both for your response. It turns out the "door" (sorry this is all foreign to me) in the blower was stuck down and blocking the air flow. That sounds like what you suspected.

Regardless, the blower is now pushing the air out as it should but there is a new issue. Now the blower is turning on and off every 4 seconds.
Once you get a nice fire with plenty of coals it should stop cycling. It's not hot enough to keep the switch on.

Something I've found that helps is raking the coals to the right hand side where the sensor is. It helps the blower throw out warm air longer, and also helps with the constant on/off when the firebox is cooling down.
Coals to the right, and stack your wood on the left.

Something I've found that helps is raking the coals to the right hand side where the sensor is. It helps the blower throw out warm air longer, and also helps with the constant on/off when the firebox is cooling down.
Coals to the right, and stack your wood on the left.
Thanks again to both of you. Took your advice and now we finally have the system working as expected. Much appreciated!

Reactions: FoxTrotBoogie
Thanks again to both of you. Took your advice and now we finally have the system working as expected. Much appreciated!
Thanks for the update. That's a solid heater for sure! It makes very impressive heat!

Status
Not open for further replies.