44 elite owner looking for the right door gasket

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

hughmyster

Feb 20, 2009
central ct
Love my 44 elite and noticed short and more hot burns. noticed door gasket was shot. I tried the thinnest gasket tape and couldnt get the door closed. I took that off the found the thinnest flay gasket cemented it on and still have alot of trouble closing the doors. The question i have is the door gasket made for my 44 elite a special type only available from the dealers? If not what could i use?

When I replaced my door gaskets on my 36 elite I tried a few off brand gaskets like you and could not find anything that would work so I ended up going to the dealer. Do you have washers that can be moved on the door latch to maybe help pull the door a little tighter?

Status
Not open for further replies.