46 Cords

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

brant2000

Feeling the Heat
Oct 24, 2011
Somerset, PA
I went to an auction nearby over the weekend. The couple who had a gentleman's farm were getting older and wanted to move in town and downsize. In addition to most of the usual stuff you find at these auctions, they sold off all 46 cords of firewood that nearly filled the lower part of the barn. I wasn't interested since I'm done dealing with firewood for the year, but was very curious what it would go for and how it was going to be sold off. It was sold in roughly 5 cord blocks and most went for $85-90 per cord. A good price for the fuel, but still a lot of work to get it out, move, and restack. Buyers have 30 days to have it out.

fi73.cgi

Status
Not open for further replies.