460 getting a facelift

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

steeltowninwv

Minister of Fire
Nov 16, 2010
west virginia
cleaned up my 460 really good today..no im gonna do a paint job on the 2 side covers and the plastic.....the 2 side covers can i sandblast em?

cleaned up my 460 really good today..no im gonna do a paint job on the 2 side covers and the plastic.....the 2 side covers can i sandblast em?

I don't think I'd blast those covers , at least not with sand, walnut husks or something less abrasive maybe. Can you get an electrical rebuilder in the area to put them in a shaker/cleaner thingy. Sorry, don't know the term, ultrasonic cleaner? They do aluminum alternator & starter housings in them, & they come out new. Just a thought. Yes, there really do need to be lots of pics. A C

I've tried AlOx grit, and glass bead. That factory epoxy paint ain't comin' off easy. Best bet is a chemical stripper or scuff & re-paint. Even the stripper wouldn't touch some of it.

Reactions: ScotO
ill try to get some pics this evening before i start

Status
Not open for further replies.