48 feet of wood shed

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
oldspark said:
Can't help but think you missed my point, wood dries best out in the sun and wind in single rows so I like the idea of moving the wood into a completely enclosed building after the wood has cured, as I stated before (and was made fun of) your type of building will not work for me for a couple of reasons (wood takes longer to cure and will be full of snow in winter) but it is a very nice building and what ever works for you is fine. I did not bring up the time to dry the wood in this post (someone else did) for this very reason and now regret it as my point was missed. I burn about 70 per cent oak and as you know it takes longer for it to dry so another reason for me to have my wood season in the wind and sun.

I apologize for any misunderstanding I may have posted & joking about the 100' stack. Was all meant to be in fun.
I hope it wasn't me who made fun of you. I believe each person's, location, wood type & general thought process all work well.
From Quads cut & stack wherever to bought, seasoned, delivered & stacked . All are good & fun to share & read about on the forum.

I understand your point, sun & wind stacked in a single row will season it best, & you having the ability to do it is great.

I never would nor intend to purposefully offend anybody or any method we each do for doing anything,
but use the many various ideas to formulate one that will work for me.
you nor me are wrong & both along with many others ways are all good.
Some say you, some say yuns some say you-all, i like all 3.

I love getting ideas, seeing how others do things & getting suggestions on this forum & others, & respect those that are willing to share knowledge.
All good knowledge I may be able to incorporate in something I may want/need to do.

I have fun sharing my progress with the shed & wood here & intend it to be fun & share some of Alaska & my projects with everybody/anybody.

I like to joke some & can take it if it's back at me. All in fun of course.

It was not you at all but I think it was in one of your other posts and it was no big deal, I too like seeing how other people are doing things but I also like to know the "why", up until last winter I some what wanted a building similar to yours but with all the snow drifts we I would have been digging wood out of the snow, that is why I will have a totaly enclosed building someday (i hope). Sorry if it sounded like I was offended, it was more like I was not being taken seriously when I was making a point and once again it was not you.

Status
Not open for further replies.