4months burning and cresote.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

guest5234

Hi, I have been burning for 4 months and have had no problems, glass and inside of stove stay clean and stovepipe and what I can see 2 foot up the liner has just flaky light ash on the inside, but when I went to the top of the chimney the stainless steel chimney cowl has sticky creosore on it, it is not a great build up but it is there, is this anything to worry about?
Cheers guys.

Sounds about normal, at least for me. My chimney cap always seems to collect it too, I think because its at the end and its always much cooler there. I just wire brush it clean when I clean the chimney.

Mine is the same way and from what I have read here the creosote only becomes an issue when it gets more than 1/8" of buildup.

Status
Not open for further replies.