4th Burning & House still Creeks. Does yours?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NordicSplitter

Minister of Fire
May 22, 2011
Western,NY
Well guys this is my 4th year with my Jotul F600 and the house still creeks especially in the living room where the stove is. Will this continue every year? Thought would be great.....;)

Humidity is the problem in the winter months , not enough to keep the woodwork stable . The house absorbs humidity in the summer and drys out in the winter . A good amount of movement , especially in hardwood flooring.

Reactions: NordicSplitter
Year 5 here with the new house and stove and the oak floors creek late night as we let the temp. go down then again in the morning as we fire up the stove to get the temp. back up. I have found that the ceiling joist also tend to creek a bit on really cold nights with the stove cruising.

Reactions: NordicSplitter
Status
Not open for further replies.