4th load of white oak scrounge goes bad.

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
SolarAndWood said:
That sucks, time for one of those tough guy racks to protect the glass. On the bright side, if you sell the oak, you will have more than enough to pay for the replacement glass.

Or, wait for it. . . . a pallet!

Bigg_Redd said:
SolarAndWood said:
That sucks, time for one of those tough guy racks to protect the glass. On the bright side, if you sell the oak, you will have more than enough to pay for the replacement glass.

Or, wait for it. . . . a pallet!

No waiting needed . . . Mayhem mentioned using a pallet in the 5th post.

If only somebody had already mentioned that, lol. Good to have ya back Redd, I needed somebody to frustrate.
mayhem said:
Take a pallet with you and stand it up at the front of the bed when you're tossing wood.

Checked today and glass breakage is covered by insurance with no deductible. Will definately be making a guard of some sort before the next load.

Rob

mayhem said:
Take a pallet with you and stand it up at the front of the bed when you're tossing wood.
[/quote]

Gosh, great idea. I didn't just crack the window. I smashed it into a thousand peices (tinted tempered glass). But I did it with maple not oak. Maybe thats why.

Shopping around pays off, I got my dodge windsheild for 175$ other place were @ 200-245

Status
Not open for further replies.