4th of July and I finally had to fire up my new 550 jotul

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

mcollect

Jan 23, 2008
Garrett County, Md
I purchased the stove in December but had to wait until May to get one delivered. I am in far Western Md and yesterday it was in the 50s and cold and rainy. Wife, a true pyromaniac insisted I light the stove to heat the house. Two tries to get the stove to light, learning curve thing, and within an hour it was burning perfectly. I had lit initial small fires earlier but this was my first real burn. This stove and the information from this forum were a Godsend. Thanks to all who helped this newbie shorten the learning curve. Two cords on order for this winter!

Wow, that's real "fire works" for the 4th. I can't imagine a fire on July4, in the northern hemisphere. But then in NJ the lowest temps at night are in the upper 60s. Good to read the stove is working well, it should do even better when the temperature gets down to freezing outside.

Well I thought I was crazy.when I first bought my harly It was raining and I still road.Thats all some that you got it fired up in july I would have done the same thing and to cool the house down I would of turn the ac on But to get your real burn you have to wait till winter when the stove is crusing at 500degress or more weeks on end and when there anit no more paint smell that will be the real burn.Good luck with your new insall and In joy :lol:

crank the central ac for a full day and u may need to light a fire to warm up.

I also had a fire in my new insert on the night of the 4th.

Really didn't need it. The temp got into the upper 50's but I wanted to play with my new toy. My wife thought I was nuts -- I told her to think of it as an inside chimenea. She still thought I was crazy but stopped fighting the inevitable. And she enjoyed it too.

I'm just south of you in Thomas, WV...built a fire on Tuesday to take the chill off.

After reading this thread .. Don`t ever want to hear those words--"Crazy Canucks". :lol:

sonnyinbc said:
After reading this thread .. Don`t ever want to hear those words--"Crazy Canucks". :lol:

Crazy Canucks.

How about Crazy Hearthucks?

Status
Not open for further replies.