5/12/13. Just fired up the pellet stove again

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
It was freezing here in Western MA. I was just on the Cape this weekend walking the beach in shorts and a tee!

Well, at least my 3 tons are being delivered today. Just don't want to rip into them now if I don't need to. My other option is oil. Natural gas pipes end a mile down the road :(

It was 67 in the house when I got up this morning. The kids have footsie PJs on, so I kept the stove off. Tonight it's supposed to get down to the high 30s. I hope my tomatoes, eggplant and peppers survive.

Record cold in upstate NY this morning 29 degrees.....

Reactions: Bowhunter1
In my umphteen years of burning I leave the stat set to on and the temp set at 72::F until Memorial day weekend. For the most part its usually off==not calling for heat by May 1st, But on the cooler rainy days it has kicked on. This has to be the latest its been calling for heat that I can remember. But then again the fat lady isn't ready to sing just yet! Calling for frost again tonight even! :(

Plenty of fuel so no worries, But I'd sure like to put it to bed(final cleaning) real soon!

Reactions: gbreda
Fired up the Santa Fe today and the oil furnace last night as it got down to 38* here in Central VA. Fortunately, the furnace has barely ran so my oil supply is a little safe!

Sparky just kicked on. Might have to crack another bag.

34 degrees here this AM. decided to put a 1/4 bag in and fire up the stove one more time before the final cleaning. I have never run a stove this late in the season:confused:

My hopper went dry last night and I'm done. No more pellets until next heating season.

Now I'm going to do some summer things for a change and forget about heating for as long as I possibly can.

Arg! 25 deg. here this am. Ran stove at night for the last 2 nights. Covered the grapes last two nights too - they were fine yesterday, not so sure about today...

Status
Not open for further replies.