5.4 grams/hr

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

jkupcha

Dec 21, 2006
I have the zero clearance fireplace Napoleon nz6000 high country. It is not EPA certified (exempt) and when i installed it 2 years ago it had not published any grams/hr. Now the website is showing 5.4 grams/hr. I guess it took them awhile to have it tested. I was wondering how those numbers stack up against an EPA certified fireplace? Overall happy with its performance after a steep learning curve. tried to post pics of the install but just can't master the art of gettting photos posted here even after reviewing the website directions. I'll keep trying to get the size reduced below 450KB to make it work. Thanks

Our big Lopi Liberty's rated at 2.6...but remember that what comes out of it depends on what you put into it and how you burn it. Rick

Not quite as good as an EPA stove...quite a bit better than a "classic".
Rick makes a good point as well. Lots of EPA units out there belching smoke because the wood's not ready.

I thought I read somewhere the cutoff point for compliance was 7.5 gm/hr for a noncatalytic wood stove which actually makes it compliant. I think it's pretty poor for a woodstove, but for a fireplace, you wood be doing good! The manufacturer may have had to make changes to the design to get this figure, sooo....

Burn it if you got it!!

Chris

Status
Not open for further replies.