5.5" Diameter Flex King Liner

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

esh21167

Dec 27, 2007
Central PA
My Napoleon 1402 is here so I need to get my liner. I'm going to go 5.5" because the inside of the flue is barely 6.5" and I don't want to chance buying a 6" and not being able to get it down. The chimney is nearl 30 feet so draft should be fine. Has anyone had any experience with Flex King 316Ti liner and kits? They seem to be the best price I've found.

I installed my Flex King 316Ti liner kit in mine and the install went fine. I brought a 6" 25' liner to hook up to a PE pacific insert. I have not used it yet I did the install this May. The product seemed ok to me.

I don't have the Flex King, but I do have 22' of 5.5 flex liner and the draft is sometimes too much. I had to slow it down a bit by installing a pipe damper. It may be something you may want to look out for with that 30' chimney.

So does a smaller diameter liner increase or decrease draft?

Eric H said:
So does a smaller diameter liner increase or decrease draft?

I have two 5.5" liners, one 22 feet and the other 28 and they draft like Hoovers. In theory I think they are supposed to decrease draft but me and Todd both are almost in overdraft territory on our stoves.

Status
Not open for further replies.