5 day weather forecast... Have you put enough wood up?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.
Ha ha! Great video!

It's been a mild winter here so far. I'm actually hoping for a nice stretch of 10 degree weather to see how the stove does.

It's been a mild winter here so far. I'm actually hoping for a nice stretch of 10 degree weather to see how the stove does.
You'll most likely get some of this arctic air. Usually most of the country will get real cold after the upper Midwest has its deep freeze. It is fun to see what a stove will do with cold, cold weather.

Yup, Im still waiting for the cold too, actually would like a couple feet of snow also, but the cold will do for now

-26 C (-15 F) here this morning. Supposed to drop a couple more degrees. The cold has arrived on the north shore of lake superior. Just loading up the stove before going down for a couple of hours after working nights.

-26 C (-15 F) here this morning. Supposed to drop a couple more degrees. The cold has arrived on the north shore of lake superior. Just loading up the stove before going down for a couple of hours after working nights.
I had -14 F here in Winter WI this morning but it has warmed up to -7 now. My furnace hasn't run for six weeks now.

Reactions: Woody Stover
You'll most likely get some of this arctic air. Usually most of the country will get real cold after the upper Midwest has its deep freeze. It is fun to see what a stove will do with cold, cold weather.
Stop hogging all that cold weather and send some down to Dixie...........pleaseeeeeeeeeee

looking to go into the low 30's to high 20's, and the teens at night in my little corner of Connecticut.....brought in some Oak....hopefully it'll keep things (the Wife) warm enough:cool:

I'm betting 3 out of 4 of you didn't watch the video.
By the end tomorrow brings a "99.9% chance of death" ;lol
Yup, didn't watch the whole thing;em

I thought Maine would escape the worse of it . . . until a volcano popped up fairly close by. :)

Notice how nothing happened to Canada? I'll keep 25 people from this forum at my house. As long as they help the wood situation. lol
Based on my 30 yrs in WI, I'm willing to bet that something is going to happen up there before long. There is no frickin' way I'm going any further north. ==c

Last edited:
3 cords left down in the basement, nice not having to go outside in this kind of weather to lug wood in to burn. Another 4 cords tucked right outside the back door if i need it come march, but hoping i won't.

Based on my 30 yrs in WI, I'm willing to bet that something is going to happen up there before long. There is no frickin' way I'm going any further north. ==c
yup..it's gonna get cold..and we'll heat with more wood. Isn't that every forum member's dream? In another thread regarding what people would heat with if they had all the money in the world, most people seemed to think they'd want to keep heating with wood. ;)

Andrew

Stop hogging all that cold weather and send some down to Dixie...........pleaseeeeeeeeeee

Dix has cold enough temps, thank you very much :p

Status
Not open for further replies.