5 inch SS flexible Liner work with a Pacific Energy Super 27?

• Active since 1995, Hearth.com is THE place on the internet for free information and advice about wood stoves, pellet stoves and other energy saving equipment.

We strive to provide opinions, articles, discussions and history related to Hearth Products and in a more general sense, energy issues.

We promote the EFFICIENT, RESPONSIBLE, CLEAN and SAFE use of all fuels, whether renewable or fossil.
Status
Not open for further replies.

NSUESS

Nov 8, 2010
Eastern Michigan
Hello All,

I have scanned through various topics on this forum question and it seams that there are quite a few mixed responses. I live in the US and I know that running a 5" diameter liner kit is NOT to code, but I have been told that it is code in Canada? Basically what I have is a 6" x 6" square clay flu lined chimney that i want to reline with a flexible SS liner kit. Originally I had intentions of putting a 6" down it but obviously that will not work considering I do not have the clearance. The length of the chimney is 25 feet. The salesman/Installer of whom I bought the stove and liner kit from says that he has done this many times, although not the number one choice it can be done and with the length of the chimney he feels I will have no issues with adequate draft. There are no offsets or anything on the chimney, it's straight up. The T (attaching to the liner) coming out of the chimney is actually being custom made to convert the 5" liner into a 6" diameter so the 6" DVL stove pipe will connect into it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this install? Any would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

It's not the correct way but it will work- Same reason chimney liner companies sell 5.5" liners- and the 5-6 liner to stove shouldn't be a custom piece most liner companies will stock that part...

DRSUESS said:
Hello All,

I have scanned through various topics on this forum question and it seams that there are quite a few mixed responses. I live in the US and I know that running a 5" diameter liner kit is NOT to code, but I have been told that it is code in Canada? Basically what I have is a 6" x 6" square clay flu lined chimney that i want to reline with a flexible SS liner kit. Originally I had intentions of putting a 6" down it but obviously that will not work considering I do not have the clearance. The length of the chimney is 25 feet. The salesman/Installer of whom I bought the stove and liner kit from says that he has done this many times, although not the number one choice it can be done and with the length of the chimney he feels I will have no issues with adequate draft. There are no offsets or anything on the chimney, it's straight up. The T (attaching to the liner) coming out of the chimney is actually being custom made to convert the 5" liner into a 6" diameter so the 6" DVL stove pipe will connect into it.

Does anyone have any thoughts on this install? Any would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks!

Status
Not open for further replies.